QA4ODFL1 (PAC) Understanding policy

The policy is a purposeful set of rules designed to direct behaviour and produce logical results. A policy is a declaration of intent that is carried out through a method or protocol. Typically, a governance board inside a company adopts policies.

Policy can as well be the guide and set of decisions of any government any social issue

In my View Policy is a guiding document on how Governments of the day intends or directs achievement of a given issue, program, development etc.

Policy is a plan made by selected group members responsible for a particular group, committee, or sections in the government to set out ways to be followed to achieved the target. the plan could be adjusted when it seems not working.so policy is not only for solving issues but also for achieving what is expected.

1 Like

Policies are set of guidelines designed for the smooth functionality of any organization.

1 Like

True. Its a document. What if its not written?

1 Like

True. They are guidelines

That’s true brother. Its a document that will guide us in our departments to guide us in order to achieve given goals.

1 Like

A policy refers to guidelines or principles underpinning a given operation or activity. An education policy is a collection of guidelines that form the basis upon which education is provided.

I guess, for the policy to be ongoing, it is necessary to be in the form of a document. A non-documented policy will be a temporary type of policy. When one is out, the policy goes out as well.

A policy is a collective of ideas or plans developed to resolve the issue arise within any organization or to inform sound decisions. It is a directive document that need to be shared among interested stakeholders or relevant parties who are working towards a common goal.

Hi i_bogitini47,

I appreciate the way you define policy. You look at it in a different perspective. I define policy as policy itself without thinking from other angles.
You are right, it is an authority document which is put in place to control those who implement the activity. Whether there is a supervisor or not, a policy is there to guide the system or the operation of the activity.
Your definition gives me a new insight of what is a policy. Good definition.

Policy is set of rule and regulations guid organisational structure and lead to manage smooth moving of the organisation

Policy are the set of rules and regulations and guidelines which are used in determining how stakeholders should operate and what outcomes they should achieve and adhere to. These set of guidelines should be followed in order for those involved to meet the common goals of that organization.

That is true is a policy is a set of guidelines which help organisations to run or functions

Policy is a course or principle of action adopted or proposed by an organization or individual.

Policies are designed to provide a structured framework for decision-making and governance in various contexts, including government, business, healthcare, education, and more

policy simply means is a set of rules and regulations or framework of an organization in order to achieve its goals.

The first phase of policy development is problem identification. Based on the problem, the policies are based with defined regulations to the followers to adhere easing the procedures in problem solving.

Exactly QA4ODFL1 @abdikirwa:>> Policies define procedures for precise problem solving within the ministerial departments. It provides foundation for equity in the society and enlightens and empowers citizens for justice prospects.