QA4ODFL1 (PAC) Understanding policy

Hi Jiana.

I strongly agree with your definition.

Cheers

Thank you Ravneel for your wonderful definitions shared above and that gives me a better understanding on what Policy is.

1 Like

Policy can be defined in general as specific guidelines to help mange an organisation.
It should help to guide decisions and give direction where the organisation should be going or doing using measurable and achievable goals. There should be some flexibility since some organisations are so dynamic that this allows room for dealing with some of the unexpected activities that no doubt will bring about changes.

1 Like

I like how simple yet effective this was written

1 Like

Policy is a law…
Policy - general statements which seems to be not legally -binding, rather they give as you mentioned guidelines to persons under that organisation.

1 Like

Policy is a set of regulations and guidelines for administrative action or best practice of governments/institutions based on set national goals and values to guide in decision making as well as performance in government.

1 Like

I think policy is not only about solving problems it also a way to help achieve set goals

3 Likes

Policy is a deliberate system of guidelines to guide decisions and achieve rational outcomes. It is a law, regulation, procedure, administrative action, incentive, or voluntary practice of the government or institutions.

As per my understanding, a policy is a rule or a requirement that assists businesses and organization while carrying out their work on a daily basis. It is a strict instruction that certain things are to be done keeping in mind the policy set for that particular duty/job.

I agree with you, this is a very strong point for me as students nowadays commit suicide due to being discriminated in school.

A policy is a set of instructions or rules intended to guide the achievement of a goal or result.

Policies are rules, principles, guidelines or frameworks that are designed by an organisation in order to achieve long term goals.

Policies are set of guidelines designed for the smooth functionality of any organization.

Policy is a set of ideas, plans, law, regulations, procedures that is used or adopted by organizations, government and institutions to guide and regulate the practice of members towards achieving a set goals and objectives

I think it is for both long term and short term goals

Yes I agree with you. There should be a blue print of the policy so as to make it authentic.

Policy is a set of regulations and guidelines for administrative action or best practice of governments/institutions based on set national goals and values to guide in decision making as well as performance in government.

Policy is a law regulation or administrative actions made to guide decisions of an organization

Brief but well explained.

I agree with you, It is a very useful document for making decision.