LS4ODFL (PAC) - Module 2 Forum

I completely agree with you @farid.mn but in those new change every human race can communicate with one another and to the whole wide world by using internet through education.

I want to share my experience as a learner, I’m an Home Economic teacher I used to asses on internet only on facebook and messenger chatting , watch movies . In 2020 I develop an idea of searching on internet my teaching resource I found out very helpful and easy to get exactly what you really need.Fortnately I prefer to learn from the internet in which I truely found a type of learner supporter as a teacher, and at the same time I teach my students to asses on internet and planned to take classes using internet

Agreed @fraid.mn implementing all those teaching and learning methods and strategies is important for effective learning.

Comparison your learning time and your teaching time

During my learning time, the approach that I came across with was teacher-centered approach. This kind of learning practiced a students to learn from the teaching or spoonfeed by the teacher.

Compare to nowadays Learning, or the way I teach now, I used enquiry based learning rather than using the olden approach. This means giving a time for the students to do their own research on the given topic or guidelines from the teacher.

By comparing those kinds of approaches, I think that student centered approach is more effective than teacher centered approach so it is better to be conduct.

@Taatu

I really agree to your point which is the use of blended learning inside the classroom. This approach can cater every needs inside the learning environment.

@aanameang

It is true and I think that it is better to teach students on the internet because learning online is mostly used nowadays.

During my school days in on the remote island high school we hardly see computers videos and photocopies etc…Today as a teacher was visiting the school for after ten years ago.The island was .lucky they used the solar power, internet, and the school was upgraded by the government.

Agreed @turmoroni211 i also agree with on the point that student are find it easier to recall and remember note that have been shared or explain the learner support

During my learning most of the teaching were face to face, we used books in te library such as encyclopedia etc, chalk were mostly used but what Mataiasi said eventhough they had limited resourses they have and ensuring that we still achieve the outcome. Geeta krishna also stated that learning stage mostly it was teacher centred teaching and learning and I agree with this.

We do have computers in our days but I prefer learning using the method above, it is hard for me to learn like what we did in this course, but now I know that it was really helpful and enjoyable.

I agree with what Itaia said that they live in remote island hardly see computers, photocopies but they still make in their learning

Agreed, I could see that most students used new technology to do their research, I do also used it which was most useful for me and my students

During learning as a student, types of learner support that I received that help me accomplish all things that need to be finished in the course is peer to peer. This kind of learner support really helping me throughout my learning career. Not only that but also the help from my teacher in designing simple and easy instructions to be followed. And as teacher I used method that I have experienced during my learning year such as peer to peer or working in a group. And I see that most of my students find my course enjoyable because of the way I used to get students involved in the class activity. Those are my experiences during high school that really helpful to my teaching career on helping student pass or achieve their goals by just using and following simple and easy instructions.

@turmoroni211 I agree with what you shared because I also experience that during learning time and things are harder to recall or to remember but as today students are easily remembered things because of using new technologies that help them to store notes as e-copy/hard copy.

Thanks again for sharing

@itaia1960 I agree with what you shared, during those times when technologies are not in used we can’t hardly see students using computers, laptops or mobile phones but today students are lucky because they are born in technology times which is most of the things that used are in all technology forms.

Thanks again for sharing.

As I experienced during the my learning days, we were all face to face and also working with papers, books without using internet. Teachers commonly used teaching skills to achieve their lesson plan and learning objectives for us(students).

Now, students can easily get resources from internet and some are familiar with it so using technologies support as teachers will be way better for these generations

When I was a learner, I experienced that learning was very hard as everyone in school did not access to these modern technologies. We only had encyclopedias, textbooks and handouts provided for us by our teachers. We spent the whole college in the outer island. So, in looking at these two sides I knew the difference that teaching and learning nowadays is better than in our days. These learners are very lucky to have these modern tools which helps them to cater their needs and aspects of studies.

Yes, it is very true that schools’ technologies should have been upgraded especially with the learning tools.

I believe that what you have shared with us was all true. That was exactly what our teachers did to us when we were learning. So, now we need to change that for the betterment of our students’ learning.