LS4ODFL (PAC) - Module 2 Forum

Indeed. nowadays we are very lucky to have such resources to help in our learning.

1 Like

Yes,we should all keep learning and upgrading to keep pace with the changing times especially advancement of technology.

1 Like

Very true. we are really fortunate to have the obtain useful information’s in just a few clicks.

1 Like

Internet is taking over now. Materials can easily be gotten online.

1 Like

At a click pieces of information are gotten. Nevertheless, there should be preservation of materials in the form of hard materials

1 Like

As a tertiary student, academic and non-academic learner support services were part of the learner support at USP. It was very helpful to me, especially during my first year. Some of the very important learner support services I received from USP were academic counseling, student learning support, career expo, administrative services, and others to name a few. As a trainee teacher, I would love to encapsulate the same services to my students, especially in the area of skills development such as literacy, computing, and numeracy skills for my students. Not only do I want to provide those but also provide other services (technological equipment) such as assistive technology for learners with special needs to ensure that every learner has the best experience in my online and hybrid courses. Before developing such learner support, I would consider developing a thorough plan to diagnose the risks and challenges that come with such an initiative and come up with solutions to counter the challenges. However, students are my priority; their needs will be the center of my planning. Besides, not only do I want to apply such support services but also provide them with technology and media to enhance their online learning experience.

1 Like

Hi @shaleen

Of course, learning evolves with time; and so as the content and instructional design of online courses. Due to the advancement of technology, much is happening around learning, especially in the way technology is evolving much faster. As instructors, we should ensure that we provide our students with interesting course content so that they feel fascinated and eager to learn online or blended. We must include learning objectives and outcomes that are student-centered and friendly.

1 Like

Hi @Joy
Everything nowadays has technology in it. Therefore, learning nowadays should all include technology as its medium to get to students wherever they are regardless of their locality and disability.

1 Like

In giving learners support, I integrate activities in my online course design which cater for the varied learner needs. For example random assigning of groups at the beginning of the semester.

1 Like

I agree with you. unreliable network connectivity can really affect learner support in online courses.

1 Like

The support as learner in this course is incomparable. the support for my learning is at every corner!, on the web, links provided, the course page, the ever-present facilitator (a big thank you!) and conner for chatting and drop in comments. Recalling back as a teacher, I am now unsure whether am I or am I not a Teacher! I love this course, and so fortunate am able to recount all my failures as a teacher!

1 Like

You are absolutely correct @lafueeberaim we only wish every teacher is and can afford, access and be provided with all the other support tools such as free internet, etc so teachers provide the best support possible to students. If only everything can open, now that we are starting to learn more, then we be able to provide better support.

I really agree with my peers because now we live in the modern, and technology nowadays is very easy to work with.

During the time of my learning in one of the remote island high school, we hardly access through the internet to do our research and most of our computer were not operational work to be used due to the limited power produced by our generator also not enough fuel came to the island. so mainly we used books from the library and collect our information from old people from the village as our main resources

in our days, As a teacher teaching in the same school where I’m schooling at. They were very lucky because the school was fully powered by solar project installed by the government and the internet is well upgraded where multiples of users can use so there is a really big support given to the students in order to achieve his/her goal

@liga1992 very interesting, thank you

@Mataiasi I agree with what you quote in your thoughts which is basically explain the difference way we learn things in the past than in these days. Things looks so hard when getting all things or to learn things in the olden days or during our learning days but now it seems look so easily and comfortable on how we teach and learn new things.

In nowadays as we become a teacher or trainer, we see things works out easily using technologies. it gives us comfort and easily understand the content of the topic.
Thanks again for the wonderful thought

it is true because most children in nowadays are adapt to the technology environment

1 Like

The things that I experienced during learning stage is that everything that my teacher taught me was hard to remember or to memorize it. Because we used to copy our notes and activities from the board that our teacher wrote it. if we miss one class that means we miss a lot of notes and discussion during that time. And now Students are easily received their notes through hard copy and soft copy(ecopy). And they find it easier for them to recall and remember the notes that has been shared or explained by the teacher.
That what I see when comparing my experience during learning stage and as a teacher or trainer.

it really does and i hope we can go further to advance the teaching through new technologies

Well the experience that I had as a teacher in teaching and learning there is limit of resources and I got information from teachers guide text books and also students guide text books along with past exam papers as well.

In my lesson lecture with my class having blended approach with modern technology and modern device I use all the devices with compatible with students that can easily follow every path students that needed to be followed by using e-copies and softcopy notes in Moodle.