LS4ODFL (PAC) - Module 1 Forum

Hi @rollyntevanu,
As you emphasized creativity and innovation are key to success distance, open, flexible, and online learning. It is key to planning successful and effective online learning.

1 Like

Industrial Design is a process which helps to create, design and provide relevant resources to assist in teaching and learning. It is a step-by-step procedure which later leads to the result, well actually a better on. It is important because it allows us to re-design and re-create to facilitate the student.

As teachers, we need to always reflect on the industrial design to accommodate the students. We have adequate resources and materials which caters towards the student’s education. Every year we have new batch of students with new capabilities and intellectual skills so yearly the types of resources and materials used changes. We as teachers provide relevant resources to all the students with all the specific examples (sample essays and notes). They refer to the sample analyzing the structure/ layout and content and later give their viewpoints regarding the topic and gerne. However, as teachers we should always make it a student orientated class and reflect on their knowledge.

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from LS4ODFL (PAC) - Module 1 Forum:

Effective teaching and learning strategies demands the use of strategies that will ensure that desired learning outcomes are achieved. One of such strategies is the use of Instructional design. Instructional design is important because it enables the teacher plan and construct the learning experiences in a goal oriented. It also enables the teacher to make the teaching and lesson content focused on the students.
As a biology teacher, I always engage the use instructional design in the planning of my classes. I also ensure hands on experiences for the students through incorporation of practical This way, I ensure that the students are engaged in driving the learning process in a self directed way.

1 Like

The Instructional Design is the backbone of any course. If well designed, then course implementation and learning experiences are most likely to be enjoyable and effective at the same time.

As a teacher educator, I purpose to be very elaborate and critical about my course design. This is because besides attaining the overall course effectiveness, it also serves as a learning experience for my students who are student-teachers.

Thank you Shaleen for your informative reflection on the instructional design. I agree with you that it caters for learner needs.

Absolutely. You have explained the importance of instructional design so well.

1 Like

ID is important because well thought Instructional Design will learning more efficient, effective and will help learns retain knowledge Google search

1 Like

Very well said @liz.obura. The very fact why Instructional design is and must be taken into account as 'very important

1 Like

Yes you are correct here, students learning and abilities are different, thus it is very important that our Instructions are well designed. Thank you @ifeoma

1 Like

instruction design is very essential to both ( students and teachers) for student they can depend on the resources that are been uploaded and attempt their task without the teacher. and teachers it consume their time makes their teaching more attractive due to our students are entice to this new technologies

in my perspective ID is very effective and i hope it can accommodate the need of student who desperate in learning

i agree,@shaleen but the problem we face here is the internet connection so how can we connect those student and some they didn’t have any device they can use to assess to the internet

@smanu, it is very true because student have different capability in learning

Instructional design is meant to aid in delivering better learning experience for learners, Instructional designers are integral and necessary to the success in the eLearning space

@liz.obura strongly agree Instructional designer is the backbone of any course in the world, now we live in the modern technology

ID stands for Instructional design, it is one of the most important aspects in eLearning or in other words learning online without the presence of your teacher. I can see clearly that as a teacher, ID reflect the way we teach to student or how we work out things like course content and syllabus and other learning contents.

When we deal with students, Instructions are the first priority to students because it help them know what to do and in what way to work out their activity or exercise. So, those are things that I see on how important ID design in student learning.

1 Like

@Sunesha I strongly agree with what you have shared especially on how we as teachers use to design simple and easy topics and also giving them samples help them fully understand what are the things that you expect from students to do with their work you send or give them to finish.
Thanks again for sharing.

@lafueeberaim thanks for sharing the thought and I agree with what you share that through ID or Instructional Design, students or learners will be easily understand the content of the topic and their achievement will easily improve or develop.

Instructional design is vital to all students as to improved their knowledge using modern technology. for example : without a teacher students still learn by using uploaded resource or other task.

Has a teacher, ID reflect everything like syllabus and other learning contents. dealing with student it is better teach firstly instruction to help them know what to do.

[quote=“turmoroni211, post:55, topic:3773”]
t is one of the most important aspects in eLearning or in other words learning online without the presence of your teacher. I can see clearly that as a teacher,
[/quote

I am strongly agreed with what you are shared that using ID it still continued even without the presence of a teacher, students still complete their task

I am agreed with what you are mansion that blended approach is useful to student if the class is boring.
most of the students in Kiribati need this type of approach.