LS4ODFL (PAC) - Module 1 Forum

I agree. Students now have so much knowledge in technology and its important that we are too so as to build a connection. Its easier to connect with students if we have more common grounds.

I agree. Feedbacks are very important to know where we stand and what more can be done. It gives us a direction.

1 Like

ID is very useful platform which enables us teachers to know if our learning objectives and lessons learning outcomes are achieved.

1 Like

Yes thats true. Its really helpful in our career.

1 Like

Oh yes feedbacks are always the best way to know the abilities of our students.

ID the process of creating learning experience to achieve learning outcomes.As a teacher we must be creative.

Instructional design is an important element of teaching where teachers have put in place the right resources for teaching and learning for students of a particular subject. It is much more about alignment which helps ease the delivery of information especially about teaching and learning of a particular subject to students.

Basically, a teacher has to deal with instructional design. It is part of daily reflection either new additions, some sort of behavioral alignment in learning has been inserted in the ID or so. But it is fundamental to add and/or realign things in order to maintain effective teaching and learning in the classroom. Thereof, it is too often a teacher will do and reflect on his/her ID during or after the deliverance of information.

Indeed. It is important to make sure students meet their learning needs.
Simply because we deal with diverse learners. So as teachers it is our responsibility to create our classroom climate a conducive learning environment where individual learners feel safe and inclusive to engage, interact, and collaborate to work with one another throughout their learning journey.

Hi @debolina,

Instructional design is really changing due to some implementations that need to be done in regards to our students learning needs. I do consider myself like have this limited view of thriving to make lesson plans so effectively and I just see myself more clear to think more actively in terms of learning materials be enriched or possible/appropriate for learning from your point of view - ‘enhance learning outcomes.’ Grateful to hear from an experienced teacher.
Furthermore, I am overwhelmed to learn this spectacular experience that feedbacks from students are great teaching and learning experiences especially to making an effective and contributive teaching and learning process in the classroom for better influence.

2 Likes

ID is important for me to create my learning experiences and achieve something to improve my skills and knowledge on instructional design.

As a teacher, using Addie and Bloom taxonomy though my design in my classroom can be delivered and planned well so that the learners can be improved as well.

ID design is very important because it gives the learner to exprss him or herself

In a world of technology were learners are exposed to a variety of terminologies as an instructor I try to relate what they know to the classroom experience

Students have different learning abilities so as a teacher, ID should be varied from time to time.

yes of course! creative in every way starting from ourselves. Being the instructor or teacher, we cannot continue to go forth if not every student is involved. Involvement is crucial, therefore every kid is important. We need to design our teachings according to the students’ needs. As ID is an integral part of teaching and learning processes, what is expected of the students is determined by what we give them. The message will sink if the appropriate method is use, in an appropriate manner, for the appropriate students. Alignment is important.

drawing relations between their existed knowledge and that of the curriculum is vital. Thus, very helpful in determining our next plan of action

Students learn at different levels and individuals abilities also differs. To actualize the gaols and objectives of a particular learning process there should a correlation of what the child knows and the calendar of academic activities.

It is true, since ID can developed teachers in a classroom and a students to achieve something creative.

Indeed, instructional design are very important for a teacher to deliver the lesson to the leaners with a most creative and experiences and using training materials to enhance the learning outcomes at the end of the class.

IDs are crucial since they significantly impact the quality of courses created for the eLearning course. When creating online courses, IDs bring specialized understanding of instructional theories and human learning processes to the table. IDs assist instructors in presenting content in more interesting ways that can improve students’ understanding of the learning material. By bringing fresh eyes and new views to course design, IDs can assist teachers in keeping in mind the students’ level of content knowledge as well as help students at higher education level who are taking online courses. School teachers frequently are unaware that when a course is converted to an online format, the manner it is taught in a traditional classroom must change. IDs provide a wealth of expertise with this type of pedagogical shift.

Hi Geeta,
I agree with you on some points you mentioned about online learning going hand-in-hand with traditional learning. I think it goes well with Pacific Island learners because we Pacific Islanders are very much attached to learning collaboratively in social settings where we learn interactively with knowledge holders and fellow learners (practically). In some instances, it won’t be as effective due to restrictions imposed on face-to-face learning and other physical forms of learning like field trips and excursions. For example, Covid-19 pandemic restrictions to learning are some we could anticipate in the future in case other pandemics like Covid hit our shores.
I believe that higher education institutions like USP and FNU are very much in to hybrid learning which is a good form of learning as it gives learners the freedom to learn flexibly. This could only be a slight challenge to the primary and secondary education levels as most of its pedagogy and curriculums are delivered traditionally.
As an instructor and teacher, I believe the best way we could amend IDs is by diverting our attention to much learner-centered teaching and learning where students learn best. It is by ensuring that we design and deliver courses (online) to suit learners’ needs. In this way, blended learning is best because of its flexibility which could withstand any situation that may impact learning negatively. A good example would be the impact of Covid-19 pandemic restrictions on learning in general.

1 Like