AS4ODFL (PAC) Fiji Cohort – Talanoa Forum

Hello everiwan,I am Enneth Samuel from Vanuatu i have been teaching for 10 years and currently i am working with the Examination and Assessment Unit. AS4ODFL program is introduced at the right time to gather for the challenges our assessment team and schools throughout the country are facing. Looking forward to use the digital tool in Assessment.

2 Likes

Hi, I am Jack Lally from Vanuatu. Its been 20years in Teaching. thank you AS40DFL to be part of this forum.

1 Like

Talofa everyone!
My name is Fa’aui and I am from Tuvalu. I am a teacher in Motufoua Secondary School here in Vaitupu Island, Tuvalu.
The main reason I signed up for this course is to know more about online assessments. We are still covid-free here and therefore, face to face teaching is still on. But, having more knowledge about online assessments is useful for our future careers.
I would love to learn more from your experiences!
Fafetai lasi

1 Like

Hi @DeepakPrasad… I am really excited about this course and would really love to keep up with the forum discussions but each time I try to login, it tells me my username is incorrect. I tried creating a new email account at the beginning which enabled me to login to the course for the very fist time, however, now that I try to use it to login to forum discussions, googles keeps saying it cannot find the account. I just need help to easily login to the forum discussion.

1 Like

Welcome onboard Vai!

1 Like

Hi, my name is Emos Poriei and I am from Papua New Guinea. Thank you for inviting me to join this Forum. I work with TVET Sector in the Education Department as acting Senior Projects and Assets Officer. In this position, I build databases, compile and report data for monitoring and evaluation purposes. My focus area is in assets data where they contribute to good learning environment. I also look at assessment data and make correlation between the learning environment and the output of the students performance. Since Papua New Guinea is tapping into e-learning, I hope to learn as much as I can in this course so I can be counted worthy to participate more digitally. I look forward to learning from you all. Kind Regards! EP

1 Like

Hi, it’s good to know that you develop examinations and doing this course will help you prepare better examination items online.

I believe it is easier setting online assessment for non-practical subjects like English and Mathematics. The challenge would be in setting questions for practical subjects like agriculture and science, and as for me for TVET, most courses are technical. I hope we could all gain insights from this course. Cheers!

1 Like

Hi, I am glad to know that you work with Examination and Assessment Unit. It is an important area within the Education Department of any country, especially when it comes to setting online assessment for your country student population. Wishing you the best in this course. Cheers!

1 Like

Good Afternoon everyone,
My name is Ashley Ashmita kumar. I teach at Bhawani Dayal Arya College. I am from Nausori. I am taking this course to upgrade my knowledge. Assessment skills is very important for me because we use this skills everyday while teaching.
Thank you.

1 Like

Bula…Everyone
My Name is Steve Otak. I am from Vanuatu. I am a teacher. I am interested in taking up this course to improve my skills and knowledge in teaching for a better learning.

1 Like

Bula Vinaka

My name is Jasmine and I am enrolled from Fiji Islands.

Currently working in a NGO called SEEP as the Communications Officer.
My background is in Human Rights, Gender and Policy and currently preparing for my Masters by Thesis in policy.

I’m taking this course for it to help me with my Jobs as Comms as well as help me prepare for future engagements in university life as tutor/ Markers at university while pursuing my MA

1 Like

Hi @mackinritavalia22 - do you mean Moodle discussion forum?

Bula vinaka. Apologies for my late registration and participation but I hope the saying, “better late than never” can redeem me. My name is Solomoni Kiniboi and I am a trainer at the Fiji Police Academy. I hope to acquire knowledge and skills that will assist the training for our officers as we shift towards Online and Flexible learning. Covid-19 has taught us that our traditional way of learning can no longer facilitate a sustainable way of learning therefore I hope this course will enlighten me on ways to ensure a continuous and sustainable learning.

1 Like

Hi @DeepakPrasad… Thanks for responding to my question… I was asked to create a new account for AS4ODFL and I was asked to create a new email account so, I created this email address: mrvalia2@gmail.com. However, when I tried to use this address to log in to the OERu Forums, the respond I get is Google does not find this email. So i have been fortunate enough to be successful in accessing the Forum Discussions via my username only. I was also lucky enough to have received my Week 1 : Session 1 & 2 via my original email: mackin,valia1@gmail.com but now that Week 2 is over, I have not received yet my Session 3 & 4 activities. Please communicate with me via mackin.valia1@gmail.com only and send the rest of my activities for the course. I am also finding difficulties in sending off my integrated assessment activity via the Moodle account so will try again tomorrow. Thanks again

1 Like

Bula Vinaka everyone
I am Wati Turagabeci, a secondary teacher in Fiji. Being enrolled in this course I believe will help improve the way I do assessments and ways to improve students learning.

1 Like

Hello @mackinritavalia22 - I’ve responded to your query via email, please check your inbox.

Best, Deepak

1 Like

Hello Everyone!
I am Lizie Obura, a teacher educator from Kenya with very high interest in online assessment.
As a teacher educator, main focus is on twenty first century pedagogical skills which encompass digital and online pedagogies. I joined this course to enahnce my online assessment skills to enable me improve in my practice.

Glad to meet you in this course.

Glad to be part of this cohort with you. Looking forward to rich learning experience

Talofa I am Faaiu from Samoa, currently working as an Education Broadcasting Officer in the Ministry of Education Sports & Culture. Where I am presenting both Primay and Secondary School lessons on both TV and Radio. Being part of this training will upgrade me in terms of teaching how am going to give our the best learning support for the children