AS4ODFL (PAC) Fiji Cohort – Talanoa Forum

Bula Island Basket. Ensure you fill it up with assessment concepts at the end of this course. Looking forward for more interaction in this course.

1 Like

Talofa lava…I’m Pouiva Tupai from Samoa.I have been working as a teacher in Primary School Level since 2014 until now.I am majoring in science and health & physical education in grade 4 to grade 8.
The reason why I get into this course I want to elaborate more knowledge and skills about this course.
I am looking forward to hear a lots from you.
Thank you

1 Like

Hi everyone, My name is Daryle. I am from Vanuatu and am taking this course at Emalus Campus. I have a lot of interest in this course because I know it will help me a lot in the future when i start my teaching career.

Hi AS4ODFL.
I am Lemuel Moli from Vanuatu and Currently teaching at the Vanuatu Teacher Training Institution. It is a privilege to be part of this training and I am very grateful. Looking forward to the interactions and discussions.

1 Like

Bula, I am Cama and I am from Fiji. I am currently teaching at Cuvu District School. I am undertaking this course because I want to broaden my knowledge and I have seen the need in teaching now.

1 Like

Hello everyone. I am Sanjeevini but in short you can address me as sanju. I am a primary school teacher in Fiji. My purpose of joining this course is to know about assessments for better teaching and learning.

1 Like

Talofa n Mauri again
This is my first time for this course which brings me the best opportunity to observe and contribute new ideas to upgrade my skill and knowledge and share to my learners.
Fakafetai lasi Vinaka Vaka levu

3 Likes

I am Nilesh Prasad originally from Batinikama Labasa but a school teacher in Levuka, Ovalau. I have taken this course to upgrade my knowledge on types of assessment. I look forward to work with you all and learn more from each other.

1 Like

Teaching young ones is really difficult and I wish you all the best.

1 Like

If online classes could be organized in our context, it will definitely improve students academically. Currently we are facing difficulties with connectivity and most importantly the students do not have excess to laptops, computers, smart phones, tablets etc.

1 Like

Hii myself piyali, I am from India belong to teaching profession want to join this course to gain knowledge about the type of assessment

2 Likes

This is a very good point which I hope the course organisers will consider as geographical location can also a hinderance as well as financial constraint to cater for technology equipment as mentioned above.

1 Like

Bula All,
I’m Asnil. Secondary School Teacher here in Suva.

1 Like

Hi I am Abhu Lal from Nausori, Fiji. I am a school teacher, hence, taking this course, as assessment is an essential component of teaching.

1 Like

Bula All,

I am Rahul Kumar and I am an academic at USP. Looking forward to the interactions and discussions.

Cheers
RK

1 Like

Mauri mai Kiribati.

I am Amilya Alan Bintia currently working as a teacher in one of a mission schools here in Tarawa. I am inspired to join this Talanoa to share stituations we encountered from our Kiribati context and also to learn essential ideas, initiatives and new pedagogical techniques that useful to break barriers in teaching our young Pacific warriors particularly during this pandemic.

Looking forward to hearing and learning with you folks.

Tekeraoi.

1 Like

Mautaake Beia from Kiribati, based here in Saint Louis High School teaching Computer Studies to Year 12 Students and Foundation Students as well

This year is challenging me to be active in making alternatives and strategies to contact students in this covid pandemic.

Joining this course is helping me out alot

1 Like

Greetings to all. I am Ravindra Kumar Sharma. Originally from Vanua Levu. I am employed as a Vice Principal. I’m in interested in taking up the course so that I can learn the different assessment methods.

1 Like

Greetings from the Island Kingdom. I’m Tavai Vikilani, a pat-time tutor at Tonga Institute of Higher Education since 2015. Covid has taken its toll on our education system thus affecting student’s access to education and associated resources. Because we are island nation, we are scattered over the vast Pacific Ocean. Associated restrictions of this pandemic have greatly impact how we teacher’s deliver our lesson. A regular face to face lecture will no longer be possible affecting the continuity in student’s learning especially in remote places. This calls for a change in how we prepare and deliver our lesson. Taking this course will obviously help myself with the transition and I am looking forward to learn from you all.
Malo.

1 Like

Also looking forward for assistance in developing assessment methods.
Malo

1 Like