AS4ODFL (PAC) Fiji Cohort – Talanoa Forum

Bula vinaka all,

Welcome to AS4ODFL!

This discussion thread is dedicated to AS4ODFL Fijian participants only. :fiji: :fiji:
We’ll use this space throughout the course to discuss course work and progress and any practical challenges/barriers to implementing your learning.

But first things first, let’s get to know each other a little better! :wave: :handshake:

Please take a moment to introduce yourself—name, occupation, where you are from, your background, and why you are taking this course. Review your colleagues’ posts and respond to at least two(2) of your peers.

Best, Deepak (AS4ODFL In-country Course Inspirer)

7 Likes

Bula vinaka everyone, I am Waisake Raliwalala. I hail from the Province of Tailevu. I am employed as a Teaching Assistant at the University of the South Pacific. I’m in interested in taking up the course so that i can learn more about the different assessment approach and remote learning teaching methods.

Vinaka.

5 Likes

Hello AS4ODFL,
I am Isireli, and I am a full time teacher. I am from Choiseul Province, Solomon Islands enrolled in this Fijian cohort. I am taking this because our school is looking into the possibility to offer our course through through online learning in the future because of the challenges that Covid-19 lockdowns has brought to schools in the country. I am very happy to be part of the group and looking forward to a community of sharing our experiences and challenges in the next 3 weeks.
#AS4ODFL

5 Likes

Hi! I am Evelyne Yaviong from Vanuatu and currently teaching as a primary teacher. Taking part in this course is not an incident but to help and upgrade my career as a teacher. Anyway, thanks for adding my name to be part of this discussion with you all. May we all look forward for discussion.

5 Likes

Talofa, I am Tapeau from Tuvalu…I am interested in this course…it will upgrade me in different assessment skills and capacity building activities as a primary teacher.

Vinaka Vakalevu

5 Likes

Greetings Dr Deepak Prassad, and the community of Participants from the beautiful islands of Fiji. Bula everyone! My name is Bob Kabuati, from Kiribati islands, work station Abemama island, according to historical record discovered by Captain James Cook. I joined this course to learn more about the online technical skills to be shared in this course. AS4ODFL. Have a wonderful sharing!

Special request to Dr Deepak Prasad, wonder if you can set up another discussion space like this, dedicated to the participants of whom I may be able to add them??? Thank you Dr Deepak.

4 Likes

Hi Bob - great to see you in the forums again!

As a member on this Forum site - you can start new topics. However, it is not possible to provide you with administrative privileges for adding participant emails to lists for privacy reasons. The privacy laws in New Zealand (and the fact that the OER Foundation operates under the European General Data Protection Regulation) means that users must provide their permission for joining a forum list - this is why users must register themselves.

3 Likes

Hi , I am Winnie Timatua from Vanuatu and I have been in teaching career for more than 20years at the primary level. Now I am working with Examination and Assessment Unit and I am interested to upgrade my knowledge in the field of Assessment.Looking forward to for more discussion with you all.

3 Likes

Hi Winnie,
It is encouraging to have you on this forum, someone on the Examination and Assessment Unit of one of our Pacific countries. I believe the skills on this course will really benefit us affected by lockdowns of schools because of this pandemic reaching our shore. Looking forward to your commentaries and post and learning from the discussions on shared experiences.

1 Like

Hi everyone, l’m Evelyn Rojo from Vanuatu. I’m a full time primary teacher, and taking up this course is a privilege of how I could do online learning and assessment to help children in Vanuatu in this pandemic. Importantly up grating my knowledge and skills in my teaching area. Thanks again, looking forward to part in the coming discussions.

2 Likes

Mauri from Kiribati, I’m Mary senior secondary science teacher

1 Like

Halo Everiwan.
I’m Heidi Maya from Vanuatu. I work at the Examination Unit and I’m interested to broaden my knowledge in any fields that provides a free access to learning. Assessment Skills is one of the important tools that is used in the Examination Unit so I look forward to improving my knowledge through this learning platform.
Thank you for giving us this opportunity to learn from your Expertise.

1 Like

Hi everybody my name is Reuben Willie Tarihehe. I am from Vanuatu and teaching for several years at secondary school level. I hope that by taking this course I can improve my teaching practices when it comes to the role and importance of assessment. I will look forward to participate in any future discussion.

1 Like

Mauri,

I am Mautaake from Kiribati, currently teaching as a high school teacher. Participating in this course is helping me upgrading my career

It’s great to be part of this course

Cheers

2 Likes

Asnath Tasale is my name. I am from the beautiful country of Vanuatu. Currently working at the Examination and Assessment Unit. Despite the COVID pandemic we are currently facing in the Pacific, I belief we will be learning a lot through this platform on how we are able to deliver assessment using the different types of learning approaches.

1 Like

Hi am Rinneth George, I am partly originated Vanuatu /Fiji, I worked as an Early child hood Teacher, and teaching at Luganville International. school. I am interested taking jup these courses to learn more about different types of assesment in my fields work place. Good luck.

1 Like

hi am Benajmen hinge from Vanuatu currently studying at the USP laucala campus (Fiji). Very interested in taking up this course hoping to learn more and able to help the community.

1 Like

Hi everyone, I am Samia Lisa from Vanuatu. I am a full time secondary teacher. Thank you for adding me in the group…It is a opportunity for me to be part of the AS4ODLP course to improve my skills in online learning and assessment.
Looking foward to participe in any discussion.

1 Like

I’m thrilled to see the ongoing conversations and e-meet you on this genuinely regional platform. We hardly get opportunities to discuss learning and teaching matters at a regional level, do we? So, let’s make the most of this course to connect and learn from each other. On the same note, I would like to introduce the Wisdom Community of Pasifika Teachers (WCPT), a virtual community of practice setup for teachers of the Pacific region to engage in constructive discourse and reflect on teaching and learning issues in the Pacific context. Please consider joining WCPT if you haven’t done so already :pray:. By the way, the following links provide a little bit more information about me :grinning:: https://pacificopencourses.col.org/cs4odfl/course-guide/facilitator/ | https://twitter.com/deepakvprasad

2 Likes

Mauri Mautaake, good to see someone with the same interest, to learn more and share with others. Tekeraoi

1 Like