AS4ODFL (PAC) Challenges and possibilities of applied activity-based and integrated assessment

it is true that networking is much harder for remote workers especially teachers and students…

The biggest challenge in my country regarding applied activity-based and integrated assessment is the internet access and that makes it impossible. Another major challenge is
if we do , every individual should have access to Electronic Devices/ Computer and have better knowledge in ICT. this won’t waste more time to navigate online courses.
Otherwise, the delivery will be applicable but poor participation.

I believe three of our main challenges in PNG with regard to applying activity-based and integrated assessment online would be:

1. Lack of ICT Infrastructure in many parts, especially remote areas, of our country.
  2. Teachers lacking ICT Knowledge. Needs more training in this area on how to use different platforms and tools to set assessment online.
  3. Many students not equipped with gadgets to access information online.

In terms of possibilities, we have a wide network of Digicel coverage. We (both teachers and students) can always use tablets to deliver and receive teaching and assessment online if we all are:

1. Provided with a tablet or touch screen phone each
  2. Educated well on the platforms and tools to be used in that online learning environment.

In my context, internet connectivity is a major setback as we experience disruptions from time to time. Another challenge is the fact that most of us faculty may not have adequate exposure to online technologies to integrate in our online teaching.