Identifying quality

I agree with your submissions.

1. There are several standards that my institution has put in place that enables it to regulate and coordinate its activities. Such standards include:
    a. Development and review of curricula
    b. Conducting examinations
    c. Development and review of learning materials
  2. To achieve these standards, some activities are lined up in order to achieve them. And some of the activities include
    i. Benchmarking with other curricula developers in order to have a live document. Also, actively taking part in the implementation of it. Research is one activity that speaks to the curriculum, wether to review it or develop another one
    ii. Examinations are supposed to be free from mal-practices. This is achieved through regular monitoring of the examinations. This is physically done
    iii. Learning materials need to be speaking the current challenge. This can only be achieved when you compare with other publishers to see how best they can be developed or reviewed

The following are the standards and activities implemented to achieve the standard.

I. Quality Learners.

Activities:Teaching learners on health care and hygiene, early childhood experiences and home support for those that need it.

1. Quality Learning Environments

Upholding conducive physical and psycho social environments.

1. Quality Processes

Activities: proper infrastructure, correct pupil-teacher ratios, and correct curricular content implementation and qualified teaching staff.

well articulated. Thank you for sharing.

My institution as a regulatory authority has a number of standards as
1.Minimum Training standards for regestering institutions
2.Standards for accreditation of Trainers,Assesor and Examiner

1.one standard set by a training institution i know is “learning by doing” which is their motto. this is reflected in the training quality at the institution.
2. the activities undertaken /implemented by the institution are that the training is practical based and because they are into teacher training they ensure that what is taught to the students in terms of training they also do as an institution.

i agree that quality assurance should also apply in management of an institution. otherwise it will be challenging to achieve quality training.

1. My institution as TVET Regulatory body has set minimum training standards for institutions intending to offer TVET.
  2. Activities implemented to achieve the set minimum training standards include;
  • Accreditation of trainers , assessors and examiners
  • Desk evaluation and physical inspection of training institutions
  1. a)Teacher /pupil ratio of 1/35
    b)100 % examination pass rate
    c) maintenance of school environment
  2. a) the student enrolment is controlled to maintain the teacher/student ratio
    b) the school ensures that all the students sitting for national examinations pass and
    get a full certificate
    c) the school environment is maintained through contributions by parents

quality learning environment is usually overlooked in terms of importance and the role it plays in a school set up.