DS4OERS (PAC) Recommend an appropriate name for OER community of practice leaders

I go for Pasifika OER Educators.

1 Like

The word PASIFIKA is the Fijian word for Pacific . and through the letters I have come up with words i.e Having the abbreviation
P A S I F I K A -
P - rovide
A - vailable
S- ystematic
I - nformation
F - reely
I - nfluencing
K- nowledge
A - ccessibility
together as OER Inspirers is where by we inspire each other as educators and learners through sharing and acknowledging new ideas through this OER platform.

1 Like

OER eViti.
this simply means that the coordinators are promoting OER in Fiji… and here educators and learners alike share ideas through this platform.

1 Like

Great idea… and lalakai also means a plate of something… and this forum has brought us together to share a LALAKAI of ideas and knowledge.

1 Like

Hi @premkumar, I noticed that you have submitted a posting that was similar to one of your colleagues. Perhaps something went wrong when trying to respond to the initial post.

It would be great if you could share your view on the topic/discussion.

My suggestion would be Island OER Forum to connect the teacher in the island of Fiji.

Very well thought abbreviation.

TruTruPNG-OER Advocates

We need awareness and orientation for PNG made OERs as well as a move to use and share OERs

To introduce the idea of OPEN EDUCATION in Kiribati, iro OER, I would suggest KICOE a suitable name for Kiribati Education thinkers (leaders) to attract the attention of the 33 islands community Education enthusiasts. KICOE stands for “Kiribati Island Co-ordinators to Open Education”. A name is suitable for the first summit to the Kiribati islands Community Educators, selected from the 33 islands to be called to the first summit to promote and enhance OER in Kiribati.

Learn by Sharing.
I like the name ‘Learn by Sharing’ because it is a new idea/concept we will be learning. As we begin to share our ideas we will learn more from each other to develop our own OER.

Learn by Sharing.
I like the name ‘Learn by Sharing’ because it is a new idea/concept we will be learning. As we begin to share our ideas we will learn more from each other.

PNG OER Forum

leaders can be able to share information in a forum regarding OER and make more awareness.

E-learning Mentors: Since the means of learning is electronic

‘OER Drivers’ since the aim is to give an Education on OER.

In Nigeria, the Open Education is being coordinated for Universities by the National Universities Commission (NUC) through the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN). In fact, it was via the NOUN and COL mooKIT platform(s) that I got information about this programme after successfully completing Introduction to OER Mooc with a Certificate of Achievement issued by NOUN/COL and another Certificate with Distinction issued by PACFOLD/COL. I have also completed Introduction to Statistical Analysis Course conducted at KISS/IGNOU awaiting certification. All these efforts came about as a result of post COVID-19 protocols which have brought a new vista in Education. So many trainings have been carried out with the International Computer Driving License @ICDLAfrica and University of Massachusetts. However, this has not transmogrified into Communities known to me. We have a coordinating unit in the ICT Directorate in my University that notifies anytime there is relevant development information inter alia.

Bula
Indeed very informative information.

Hi Dr Wayne @mackiwg

[quote=“mackiwg, post:15, topic:2642”]
PL4OER - Pacific leaders for OER?
[/quote] Leaders has multiple meanings, If instead we use PE4OER Pactfic Educators for OER. PE4OER