DS4OERS (PAC) General forum for digital skills for OER sharing

Hi Geeta, BIG thanks for your help in supporting your peers on this course. It’s refreshing to see learners sharing their experience for the benefit of others taking this course. Thank you!

To add to the conversation, while it is “convenient” and easier to keep the same password for multiple sites, we don’t recommend this as good practice. Part of the DS4OERS course is to help participants improve skills for online hygiene and security.

A good practice it to ensure a unique (different) password for every website where you have an account. This can be a challenge for your memory, so we recommend the use of a password manager. Bitwarden is a good open source alternative we can recommend.

Perhaps we need a short course on using password managers :joy:

1 Like

@bkabuatioer

Yes - the Course feed page provides this functionality.

Welcome to the Internet which comprises multiple websites to empower your learning.

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I do agree about not having the same password but when I started this course it was like going round and round and not achieving much at the beginning so that was the best I did to go forward…I can understand what some of the DS4OERS students must be going through. Also thanks for recommending password manager which I have been using. Yes surely I have learnt so much of ICT terms, platforms, free software and technology in the past three weeks which has been useful for our teaching and learning :heart_eyes:

Yes, I emphathise with the initial conclusion working with multiple websites. But you succeeded! Well done.

Our philosophy is to build digital fluencies using the tools of the internet. The internet comprises millions of websites, so building practical experience in managing multiple passwords is a valuable skills for the future.

Thanks for your committed and positive engagement throughout the course and hope to see you online in the future.

1 Like

Need some support on how to improve on digital skills.