AS4ODFL (PAC) Feedback and collaboration

Hi Sheila drew. This is very true. Feedbacks and collaboration must have place in teaching in order to achieve the end product of learning process.

2 Likes

Students can understand the concept and do their own evaluation. Share ideas in groups and work in groups. The students were given opportunity to comment and respond to the presentation or their findings. Teacher facilitates the discussion and this motivates the students.

The tasks given in the example are a great example of student collaboration. This is because they have time to search for their own ideas and share among them. This is also one way to get feedbacks from other students and therefore, they will have time to see where they go wrong and correct it before the teacher intervenes.

The activity designed helped students to share their ideas and thoughts by digging up their existing knowledge on the topic. By presenting their work to their teacher they will receive important feedbacks from the given topic.

Do you think the activity is a good example of integrating learning and assessment?

1 Like

The tasks allow students to work together, sharing ideas and trying to reach concensus thereby giving them the opportunity to collaborate.
Through sharing their thoughts (collaboration) they are able to get feedback from ech other enabling them to refine their work and making necessary adaptations

students can explore and search for new ideas and then share this new ideas and do self evaluation after the teacher has gone through the lesson. the students also are now allowed to think outside of the box, and enables student to search for more information and broaden their thoughts .it also enhances students to broaden their mind and adjust to new systems

Sharing thoughts about globalization theories provides feedback, it allows students to evaluate their own thoughts while listening to the feedback provided by their peers.
When students collaborate and provide feedback it enables other students to evaluate their own work. I use the think-pair-share strategy a lot to enable students to collaborate.

1 Like

For question number one- The task in that activity gives student time, decision-making, building trust, leadership skills. student engage in their own learning to acquire new information to build their new knowledge.

For question number 2- student were given time to communicate with each other including the teacher. New Information were inter cooperate in their pr-existing knowledge and not to mention correction were given to direct the learner to the correct information to be acquired by the learner.

For question number one- The task in that activity gives student time, decision-making, building trust, leadership skills. student engage in their own learning to acquire new information to build their new knowledge.

For question number 2- student were given time to communicate with each other including the teacher. New Information were inter cooperate in their pr-existing knowledge and not to mention correction were given to direct the learner to the correct information to be acquired by the learner.

1. Group activities provide an opportunity for students collaboration
  2. Individual’s work (knowledge, findings, etc) when collaborated facilitate feedback.

1). [quote=“sheiladrew, post:1, topic:3315”]
the tasks in that activity give opportunities for student collaboration
[/quote] to the extent:

• to share their background knowledge on Globalization.
  • share their research findings on theories of Globalization.
  • to agree on the definition of Globalization.
  • to unpack different aspects of Globalization.
    2). Collaboration facilitates feedback by engaging students to share their knowledge and recording shared knowledge. In addition, through collaboration students give feed back on their researched findings to others collectively. Agreeing and refining their findings by feedbacks on group work.

Yes, I do think that the activity is a good example of integrating learning and assessment.

I do agree on what you shared.:+1:

1 Like

communication skills in learning is practiced by students between their peers by sharing their own perspective on such scenarios given by the teacher.

From collaboration students can argue on ideas discussed in the group and also in this approach, it promote critical thinking in learners to find possible solutions by thinking outside the box.

Learners learned a skill, knowledge and understandings when working collaboratively in class.

1 Like

Thank you for your post. I also think it is a great opportunity for students when working in groups to provide feedback to each other throughout their discussions.

1 Like

I treat these forum discussions to be great feedback and collaboration avenues where we share our ideas and perceptions with others in the group and also receive feedback from one another. They help in pushing us to participate in some constructive discussions.

1 Like

Working in groups allow students to interact in their own learning. It gives them motivated and allows them to think creatively.
Part of the activity is individual engagement on the task is provided for.

The task uses small groups to allow for feedback. This is effective bacause student can learn better when they work together compared to a teacher talking.
Another aspect of the activity that I feel works is individual students confidence is boosted. They see and value collective work in their individual effort.

It is good to see some of your own ideas of how to facilitate collaboration and feedback, such as @dulciemotamota the think-pair-share idea.
I think we are beginning to see the value of collaboration and feedback, and how feedback from each other and the teacher, benefits the students.
I wonder if you have ideas for making this course more collaborative?
How can you make your own teaching design more collaborative, incorporating feedback from learners and teachers? It would be great for you to share some of your ideas from the ‘activity-based assessment in practice’ exercise you did in the second learning challenge.