LS4ODFL (PAC) - Module 4 Forum

Discuss the following question. Post your responses and then review your colleagues’ posts and respond to at least two of your peers. Try to respond to someone who has not been responded to yet.

How would the structure of your organisation have to change to become committed as a whole to quality assurance?

Quality is desired in all aspects of my organisation. My organisation needs to identify quality expectations, clarify her intentions, develop an appropriate strategy and put the strategies into action. Some within the organisation would like it, while others may not like it. My organisation will set institutional standards through her mission statement, governance, leadership, planning, organisation staffing, organisational commitment, financial and material resources, equity and access, integrity and accountability. The faculty, students, every unit within the institution and even the parents/guardian must support standards.

1 Like

Quality assurance is a aspect in all the organization and specifically in my organization. My organization needs to know the intention, the development and what they are trying to achieve. They need to plan things out first then develop what needs to be done and put it into action. Whithout planning things do not fall as we want it to be done

2 Likes

I agree with your answers as the organizationneeds to know their expectations and how things will be developed.

1 Like

Exactly. Quality is desired in all aspect of the school system, academic and non-academic.

1 Like

Quality is desired in every move that we make in every society and especially in my organisation as well…

2 Likes

Every employee must take this very seriously because yes quality assurance is always an aspect in every organisations.

1 Like

Incorporating quality assurance in all levels, units. For example, as opposed to just having a few personnel at the quality assurance directorate, it should be mainstreamed with the rest of academic divisions. This will strengthen quality in the entire institution besides ensuring effective learning.

1 Like

I am in support of your view.

1 Like

The Vision of our Ministry is to have Quality Education for Change, Peace and Progress. So, QUALITY is a NEED and is a MUST when it comes to education. Therefore, as an educator, I must at all times commit to Quality Deliverance. Quality Deliverance will be the result of Quality Preparation, Quality Resources, Quality Assessment and Quality Activities. The structure within the organization should ensure attainment of QUALITY in both teaching and learning.

2 Likes

An external body accredits our institute and specifically our program. Therefore, we need to continuously modify, evaluate, and improve our program. The accreditation panel visits our program (e.g., courses, assessments, lab equipment, etc.) every two years and provides a complete report about our weaknesses and strengths. our institute has its own standards and policies which need to be adjusted every two or three years. Some of the policies are out of date and need to be modified.

2 Likes

Lack of staff is one of the main challenges in all parts of education systems. I agree and I think it is really essential to focus on quality assurance. the first step is to have good and qualified staff.

1 Like

In all organizations, there are some standards, plans, and visions. It is important that how we can achieve these goals. Which approaches need to be used? and many other questions which should be answered to reach the purpose.

2 Likes

Point duly noted.

There is a need to continously assess and monitor in order to achieve Quality

1 Like

Quality is essential when it comes to education to ensure we have capable future leaders, scientists and citizens. In the 21st century pedagogy, technology plays a huge role. However, it has not been incorporated to meet the mission and goals of the ministry. Teachers tend to incorporate it however they feel right and there us no set standard. Not all schools have the resources to incorporate the same standard. Instead of individual teachers working in isolation, i feel lessons should be designed and assessment and feedbacks should be used to set a benchmark of what is expected to ensure all the classes meet the benchmark and overall quality is maintained. In my opinion, to ensure quality, regular assessments, feedbacks and reviews should be done to ensure progress.

1 Like

I agree. It is foremost important to be aware of the goals and intentions in order to develop a plan to pursue it.

1 Like

Agreed. Unfortunately, this is where we lack. We fail to assess and use feedbacks to improve the quality. For instance, we prepare students for exam which they sit end of the year, but do we take feedbacks and start the new year by redesigning and incorporating the feedbacks or do we start of again with the same lessons and materials.

2 Likes

Trues up. It is sometimes like a go with the flow kinda thing. No innovative ideas, lack creativity etc

1 Like

To meet up with quality assurance in any organization, the leader needs to set standards and provide guidance to meet that standards. Also continuation of the set standards must be there. Also feedback must be taken from people who use the quality assurance check and standards must be reviewed for improvements

Yes that is true. A lot of people in most organizations are in the comfort zone and mostly go with the flow. They lack creativeness, critical thinking and discovery teaching and learning. Also some don’t share what they know which can make the organization better