LS4ODFL (PAC) - Meet & Greet Forum

Hi Liz…its lovely to meet you in this forum…would love to here about your teaching experience in Kenya

Hi Payal…good to see you in this forum…hoping to learn from young teachers like you.

Bula sia everyone. Mataiasi, a primary school teacher, teaching in the Northern Division in Fiji. New to this platform and looking forward to learning new things and to acquiring the knowledge and experience that will help in my teaching. Vinaka.

1 Like

Bula Everyone

Vetaia Saqasere a Postgraduate student at the University of South Pacific been a part -time student working under academic support for student with learning disabilities and it has been a great experience so far . I am looking forward to interact and engaged with you all in this platform absorbing as much as I can . Vinaka.

2 Likes

Hallo Olgeta,
Willie Maete’e, hail from Malaita Province, Solomon Islands. I’m teaching secondary mathematics and business studies in various schools in Western Province, Solomon Islands for 10 years now.
Integrating ICT in teaching is my major challenge in teaching. I am illiterate and don’t know how to teach using ICT materials in my teaching.
I look forward to learn important knowledge and skills of online teaching and learning in this course and you my colleagues. A blessing for my teaching career. :100: :+1:

2 Likes

*Hello and Talofa lava from Samoa. My name is Tupou Mataia, happily married with 3 boys. I am currently teaching at Lefaga College taking English and Computing Studies. I have been teacching for more than 10 years now. My biggest challenge this year would be *

2 Likes

Hi every one, My name is Imran Sarvar Khan and currently I am working as a lecturer in CECOS university, and Capital University of Science and technology Islamabad Pakistan. I am here to learn about online teaching methods and tools. I hope so this course will provide me an opportunity to collaborate with fellow learner.

3 Likes

Greetings @geeta.krishna. Yes great meet again. You maybe suprised I missing you guys this last week. We had a a horrible accident, our administration block, computer lap and three classrooms was caught on fire about 1am after midnight! Our internet is now down and not sure when it will be back to operational. Sad news from Kauma but wish you all a success learning journey.

2 Likes

Greetings Dr @Deepak. You may note am missing a number exciting learning days. Kauma,where I join the course was on fire. Our internet is now in the negotiation stage for restoring it to operational stage! I do not know when we will be back online?? Until then, I want to wish all my fellow participants best of luck and look forward to our speedy internet recovery.

2 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear about that. Take care!

1 Like

Really sad to hear about the fire. Hoping you will get back to the course as the internet improves.

Greetings to all
I am Lafuee Eberaim and I am 25 years old. I teach mathematics in Kiritimati island for almost 2 years now at St Francis High School.
It is my pleasure to meet and to challenge you all to keep doing this course as part of our teaching skills.

2 Likes

Talofa lava… My name is Lucy Ariota Toeaina. Im 34 years of age… I am teaching in one of the biggest college in Apia Leififi College. My major of teaching is chemistry and general Sci for junior levels. I have been teaching since 2010… Through my journey as a teacher the biggest challenges I faced is the overcrowded of student in a room and trying to teach student who are at risk in literacy… having student with multi-level abilities is another challenge I have been face in these past years… During lockdown everything is change we suddenly switch to online mode… that is another big challenge for me… luckily I am a gruduates of the USP so I am little bit familliar with moodle… but using of the zoom and google classrom as well as other digital teaching resources available at that time is not really good. I believed that this program can help me overcome some of those challenges I have faced… Hope I will gain more knowledge and skills from this course looking forward to learn more about teachings…

4 Likes

Hi… Simon Bulelip from Vanuatu teaching Maths & Sciences in french secondary here in Lycée Technique de Saint Michel in Lugainville, Santo. Hope to learn more from you.

Talofa everyone! I’m Suivaaia but you can use Sui for short, 33years old. I’ve been teaching for more than 10years at Lefaga College, one of the coolest school locating at the Southwest coast of Upolu island, Samoa. Im teaching Geography and English. Im looking forward to learn more from you guys as we go along

3 Likes

Late is better than ‘not turn up at all’. Bob Kabuati is my name, a teacher (face to face) for years. I miss so much fund for the last few weeks. This is my 3rd day, I know some have completed this excting challeging course. I have committed myself to LS4ODFL for the next 8 days. Sure to learn much by following number of footsteps of those who have completed, and those ahead of me. Thank you all and wish all a wonderful, meaningful and a succeful time!

1 Like

Oooh I can see you uso im glad youre here to paddle our canoe together :rofl: