LS4ODFL (PAC) - Meet & Greet Forum

It would be great to see who’s who and get to meet and know each other on this regional/global forum! Seems like a good way to get things rolling, doesn’t it? Take a minute to introduce yourself! Review your colleagues’ posts and respond to at least two of your peers.

Here are some tips on how to introduce yourself to get maximum replies:

Give us some information about yourself. Here are some example questions to help you get started quickly:

• Tell us about yourself: who you are, what do you teach, where do you teach, how long have you been teaching?
  • What is currently your biggest challenge when it comes to teaching?
  • What do you like to do in your leisure time?
2 Likes

Hi
I am Farid Mahboubi Nasrekani. I am a lecturer in Mechanical Engineering at USP. I have been working at USP since 2019. I teach solid mechanics courses. My biggest challenge in teaching is online teaching. How to keep the quality high in online education and achieve the LOs during an online delivery mode.

Regards,
Farid

3 Likes

Bula Vinka,
Im.Rejieli, currently teaching in one of the school in Nausori. Looking forward to.meeting you all in this platform.:green_heart::green_heart::100:

3 Likes

Hi and greetings from Abemama, Kiribati. Bwebwentekaai Kabuati is my name, call me ‘Bob’. Accountant originally but somehow attracted to teaching. Been teaching for years with on and off-for office work alternatives. My last year of teaching was 2021. 2019 was the first year I got a taste of teaching online. Online teaching has declined my classroom products result! I thought I was enjoying it and doing it well, but unfortunately, my students’ results did decline instead of shooting up! And that has challenged me to stay around digital learning. I am glad to be part of this course.

2 Likes

Hi @farid.mn I am a great user of all these mechanical machines, I drive them around, and always enjoy their beauty when they go speed on the road! Many times, I have to look around for help, once they suddenly stop roaring! This is one of the skills to be shared online! Great we one like you. Look forward to learn together.

1 Like

:heart_eyes:Hello everyone. I am Geeta Krishna from Nadi, Fiji. I am the Assistant Principal at Swami Vivekananda College. I teach Accounting to Year 11 and Economics to Year 13. I also take careers for Year 13. I started teaching in 1994 and have taught for 27 years. My biggest challenge is to have students focused on learning while I teach. I try all kinds of methods both using traditional method and using technology…a blended approach most times to reach out to my students. I love to be on social media and at times watch movies. I am also part of a non profit organization; The Strivers Club where I do service work in terms of helping the unfortunate-mostly women and children with Food Hampers, Back to School Initiatives etc. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:Hi Bob…good to meet you again in this course…hoping to learn something new as I did in DS4OERS and CS4OERS. :star_struck:

Hi Rejieli…this course will definitely enhance our teaching and yes its a great platform to meet people and share information :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

A very warm welcome to #LS4ODFL @farid.mn @Jeli2627 @bkabuatioer @geeta.krishna.

1 Like

Vinaka sir​:ok_hand::clap::clap:bula vinaka

2 Likes

Greetings to all, my name is Payal Chand and I am a Biology& Chemistry teacher. I am currently teaching at Rishikul Primary School and also tutor secondary students. This is my third year in teaching and previously I taught at Pacific American School where I faced challenges in keeping students motivated and involved in class, especially when classes were done zia zoom. Currently, my biggest challenge would be finding the write materials to teach and also keeping students focused and motivated to learn.
My hobbies are watching movies and trying new things and I hope to make the most of this opportunity.
Thank you

3 Likes

Hello Rejieli, looking forward to meeting and engaging with you.

2 Likes

Hello madam
looking forward in engaging and learning new skills from you.

1 Like

Sure thing madam,…:green_heart::green_heart::100:

1 Like

Hi Geeta, Great to see such experienced teachers here. Looking forward to hearing from you and your experiences in teaching.

1 Like

Thank you Dr Deepak. Looking forward to learning new skills from you and other friends.

2 Likes

I am Liz Obura, a teacher educator from Kenya with five-year experience and currently based at University of Embu. Supporting learners effectively in the online learning environment is a major challenge to me because of the large class sizes.

Singing, listening to music, reading and traveling are my leisure activities.

2 Likes

Thank you Kabuati for your elaborate introduction.
I am glad to meet you in this course and I look forward to learn some accounts from you.

1 Like

Hello Payal,

I am very excited to meet you in this course.It would be very interesting to learn more skills on how to motivate learners in an online learning environment. Looking forward to more in the course!

Thank you.

1 Like

Hi Farid…looking forward to learning from young people like you and sharing ideas in this forum which can help me understand young learners that I teach