Drawing on your knowledge and experience, please join this discussion on topical issues regarding rights and responsibilities for learning in a digital age at the tertiary level. You can discuss the topical issues listed below, or add to new ones to the forum. Choose any one for comment and In each case justify your position taking opposing views into account.
- Assuming higher education institutions can save money through the use open textbooks and OER in online teaching, learners have the right to demand that these savings should be passed on?
- Higher education institutions have the right to determine what software applications learners should use for their studies
- Data generated by learners belongs to the learners therefore they should have the right to access their data, for example forum discussions, even after the course has completed.
- Higher education institutions should reserve the right to ban disruptive learners from their learning platforms.
- Where legally permissible, learners should have the right to access course materials without the need to register a password.
- Higher education institutions should have the right to limit the time required for completing a course.