Https://www.literacyworldwide.org/blog/literacy-now/2016/02/03/knowing-the-difference-between-digital-skills-and-digital-literacies-and-teaching-both

DIGITAL LITERACY: I’m excited at the opportunity given by the OERu for enhancing my digital literacy skills through #LiDA101 course training. It’s amazing to understand that digital literacy position teachers as facilitators & co-learners and not drill and kill experts. I, therefore, encourage all teachers to position themselves as facilitators in the classroom and not as a dictators only.

3 Likes

Hi @queenesty - you make an excellent point that digital literacies education is an ideal opportunity to shift from a traditional instructional mode of teaching. It is an environment where knowledge and skills change so rapidly, we have to be open to learning from each other all the time rather than expecting a few individuals to be the holders of knowledge.

1 Like

Very inspiring. I also connect with your views. The learning environment is changing and we all need to embrace the rapid change by sharpening our digital literacy.

1 Like