DS4OERS Vocation or Profession

Vocation is indeed a vocare. I did my first teacher training in a Catholic Teachers College and this word vocation was clearly emphasized.

Teaching is a calling and not for everyone who wishes to join the workforce and even to those with utmost level of professionalism.
It is a vocation(needs your heart, heart and mind and self giving) but also need the professionalism of the teaching profession.

At the end of the day it is not just a profession but what I am called to do, to be all things and give my best to the children that are entrusted to me.

3 Likes

Bula Robert , I also went to a Catholic Teachers College and that is where we are reminded of the vocation as it is our calling .Where we are reminded that with the so many applicants only the few are chosen and there is a need to give your 100% best for the children under our care.

Greetings to DS$OERS members - Vocation or Profession a question or period? I guess there is always no right nor wrong answers!, except where stand. I value and see the two to be the same. Vacation to do with work, so as a profession. I guess the difference will be the end resultd.

Vocation is indeed a vocare this word vocation was clearly emphasized to each one on our first day of work as a Teacher.

Teaching is a calling and not for everyone who wishes to join the workforce and even to those with utmost level of professionalism.
It is a vocation(needs your heart, heart and mind and self giving) but also need the professionalism of the teaching profession.

At the end of the day it is not just a profession but what I am called to do, to be all things and give my best to the children that are entrusted to me