CTVSD2 - what is good assessment

Share what are your views on good assessment and how you came to these views or beliefs. Click on reply.

1 Like

I believe assessment is a broad concept. A good assessment is valid and reliable. An assessment should test what has been delivered and in relation to ‘Blooms’ taxonomy’. As a teacher, I found that students do well in what has been taught. Testing students using various thinking skills enables the assessor to relate well to the ability of a learner.

Assessment is a way of assessing to know how much the learner has understood. Once this is known then the assessor is in good position to know on what else and what best way to assess the learning process.

1 Like

In education, the term assessment refers to the wide variety of methods or tools that educators use to evaluate, measure, and document the academic readiness, learning progress, skill acquisition, or educational needs of students.

Thanks
Shyrin.L

1 Like

I agree with you Shyrinlata. Assessment can be done synchronously or asyncronously.

Assessment is said to be good when it is said to be reliable by being consistent and accurate. It should have an impact on the learners and be worthwhile.

1 Like