CS4ODFL (PAC) - Meet & Greet Forum

Bula.
I am Sunny from Nadi, Fiji. I have been in the Teaching field for 13 years teaching Upper primary years in subject areas of Maths, English, Science and PEMAC. Currently I am at Votualevu Public School in Nadi, Fiji. The biggest challenge now is getting students back to school by laying down a solid Covid-19 safety platform to assure parents, guardians and students that best health practices, precautions and protocols have been adopted to adapt to the requirements of MoHMS and reduce chances of transmission at school.
My leasure time activities include gardening, watching Movies and enjoying music. Vinaka

2 Likes

Yours is an interesting field Afrada. I often wonder how we can better incorporate clinical governance and bioethics into clinical teaching. Grateful for the networking that is already happening thanks to this online course!

Hi Deepak, I’m having trouble setting up in Moodle, specifically the Key entry. I would be grateful for your advice please. Thank you.

1 Like

Hello everyone!! My name is Shivneet Vikash Chand and I am currently completing education units at University of Fiji. My area of specialty is Accounting and Economics. The biggest challenge in relation to teaching is the introduction of online learning during the current pandemic situation whereby the e-resources and willingness of teachers and students to adapt to the new mode of learning posses challenges for effective learning environment. I like to play soccer, socialize and get in touch with the current affairs in my leisure time.

2 Likes

A pleasure to be here. I look forward to learning many wonderful new things.

1 Like

Hello everyone I am Asenaca Kaufuti and this is my 7 year in the teaching field. All my life I have always been a book person not so much into technology that would mean online was never an option for me. When we had our second wave the ministry had opted for online classes during the remote learning this was very challenging because I had to come out of my comfort zone to self taught myself to use the zoom, google meet and using google classroom. This course will definitely help me be more resourceful when it comes to online classes.
I look forward to class and hope to find new friends here.
Blessed day everyone

1 Like

Hi @amanda.hill,

1 Like

@tavai I think this pandemic have made us teachers to step out from our comfort zone and take the extra mile just to make sure that no one is left behind and I do believe that teachers are heroes worth acknowledging during this pandemic.

Hi @Tavai - Yes! I couldn’t agree more!! Very well said!

Hello I am from the Fiji Islands and I am currently working as a teaching assistant at the University of the South Pacific. My biggest challenge when it comes to teaching, is trying to find new ways of teaching, rather than just talking and writing. Therefore, having to be part of this course, it will help me upskill my knowledge regarding teaching and learning. Lastly, my hobbies are singing, watching movies, reading and socializing.

2 Likes

Thank you Deepak. I’m in now and grateful for the familiarity of Moodle. I anxiously look forward to developing a skillset with the other platforms.

1 Like

My pleasure @amanda.hill. Go for it!

2 Likes

hello Val. I would love to know more about your country and teaching challenges.

1 Like

ohh wow… Psychology course is amazing. would like to learn more about it from you through this unit as this is also important when we have our students back into classrooms after such a long period of time.

Bula vinaka. I am teaching Year 6. This is my 17th year of teaching. My biggest challenge is Online communication in order to reach out to my students and parents especially during this pandemic.
Vinaka.

3 Likes

Hello all. I am Shabina Prakash. I am a primary school teacher. I am from Fiji Islands. This is my 9th years of teaching. I am passionate about teaching. I have recently completed Masters in Education. I am very eager for this course. Good luck!!!

3 Likes

Bula Vinaka! I am Ms. Nunia of Rampur Primary School in Navua. This is my 2nd year of teaching. In my leisure time, I love to go fishing, sing kareoke at home or party with friends occasionally. So far, my biggest challenge in teaching is connecting to all my students through phone calls and on social media’s, since some families do not have access to phones and the internet.
Vinaka!
Blessed Afternoon to you all!

2 Likes

Bula Vinaka. My name is Peni from Nadi, Fiji Islands. I am an Air Traffic Controller and a certified ATC Instructor/Examiner for more than 10 years. I do face to face training all the time and hoping to learn new ways of teaching from this course.

2 Likes

Hi everyone,
My name is Ashley Ashmita Kumar. I teach in Bhawani Dayal Arya College. I teach English and Hindi. I have 4 years teaching experience. The biggest challenge I have come across teaching is Lack of Time for Planning. We find really challenging handling multiple roles, therefore we have very less time for lesson planing. I spend my leisure time watching movies.

3 Likes

Bula!!!
My name is Shivani, I am actually a medical student, currently pursuing my 5th year at FNU CMNHS in Fiji. The reason as to why i enrolled into this course was because communication is an essential part even in the medical field. Speaking in terms of an online learner, we faced a lot of challenges , one of the major difficulties was trying to adapt to virtual clinics and applying our knowledge to clinical scenarios where communication skills was very important to understand a patient.My leisure activities include listening to music, baking and using social media .

3 Likes

@Kumarashley945 The biggest challenge I have come across teaching is Lack of Time for Planning.

Hi Ashely, You have raised an interesting point here - I would be happy to hear more on this from other cs4odfl members.

1 Like