CS4ODFL (PAC) - Meet & Greet Forum

It would be great to see who’s who and get to meet and know each other on this regional/global forum! Seems like a good way to get things rolling, doesn’t it? Take a minute to introduce yourself! Review your colleagues’ posts and respond to at least two of your peers.

Here are some tips on how to introduce yourself to get maximum replies:

Give us some information about yourself. Here are some example questions to help you get started quickly:

• Tell us about yourself: who you are, what do you teach, where do you teach, how long have you been teaching?
  • What is currently your biggest challenge when it comes to teaching?
  • What do you like to do in your leisure time?
3 Likes

Hello all I am from the beautiful Caribbean island St. Lucia. I am a primary teacher. I have been teaching for 24 years. I would love to complete this course.

4 Likes

Hi @Val

Welcome to the CS4ODFL forums.

The Commonwealth of Learning is supporting a facilitated version of this course starting on 3 January 2022. If you want to join this cohort, you can register here.

The inaugural instance of the course will be facilitated by the amazing @DeepakPrasad :smiley:

2 Likes

Thank you. Just registered for the forthcoming programme of 3rd Jan. 2022

2 Likes

Hi… My name is Ronal Kumar. I am a final year student at the UNIVERSITY of the South Pacific, Suva, Fiji. I teach computing science and Economics. My biggest challenge usually arises while delivering classes online as many students don’t have access to technology and other basic things. In my leisure time i usually love to engage in physical activities.

1 Like

Bula Colleagues ,I am Sera Pulumeau ,I am from Fiji .I have only been teaching for three years and I had to complete my Programme.I have graduated with Bachelors in Education (Secondary) Accounting & Economics but at the moment I’m still awaiting employment. My biggest challenge in teaching is the use of technology or internet to facilitate learning because I grew up learning in the most traditional way. I have just been exposed to technology when I started in Teacher training. My hobbies are reading articles not books whether it be newspaper or internet. Thanks.

1 Like

Hi! Hello! Bula! All the way from Lautoka City, Fiji Islands.
My name is Keshni Chand. I teach Year 4 at Lautoka Andhra Sangam. It’s a Primary School with almost 800 children and 22 teachers. I have been teaching for the past 16 years.
The biggest challenge during this COVID-19 pandemic is reaching out to all our students.
Many homes are without technologies for online teaching and learning. Getting the food on the table is another barrier. It’s a choice between data and food. A few don’t have smart phones and laptops. One phone in the house is shared between 5. Online communication becomes the biggest challenge.
Vinaka

4 Likes

My hobbies are gardening, music and learning new things.

2 Likes

teaching for 24 years…WOW…love to hear more about your challenges dear

1 Like

Greetings from the island of Abemama, in the Kiribati republic. I am glad to be part of this course and am hoping to be able to successfully complete the course requirement. My name is Bwebwentekaai Bob Kabuati, most welcome to call me Bob. I am a teacher of 'face to face. Have tried to teach, and apply some online teaching tips and tricks, unfortunately, have not been able to make successful online teaching.

4 Likes

I look forward to join this 4 week course. Wonder if we could be allocated time for each session or activities each week? I know we will be doing sessions at our own pace and time locality. Wonder if the time can be set or allocated for each session, so we can try to work according to those set time limits? Another thing that I wish to make note, is that we have huge time difference. Knowing the time for each session, seminar, activities and so on, we can try to find our way (if possible) to join everyone while in class, online, at the same time. Happy 2022.

1 Like

Hi Sera Pulumeau, Thank you, you have given me more courage to pursue this course. Good luck.

1 Like

Greetings from Joseph Sarwuan Tarka University, Makurdi, Benue State - Nigeria. Am a Senior Assistant Registrar in the Deputy Vice Chancellor (Academic) Office. I handle Administration, and Policy. I feel excited to be here!

2 Likes

Bula Colleagues.

Happ and blessed 2022 to you all.

My name is Mr. Orisi Rawaqa and i have been teaching in secondary school for the past 16 years in the Commerce Discipline for students in Year 9 to Year 12 around the Fiji Islands whereever the Ministry of Education posts me.

1 Like

Bula guys

This is a new stepping stone for me, not actually a teacher. I’m a technical officer, obtained a mechanical diploma and have been in the mechanical field for 8 years. Now working for Fiji Airports. Hoping to upgrade my communication skills

1 Like

Hello,I am from the University of Lagod, Nigeria, where I facilitate learning and E-tuor learners online using the moodle platform using various teaching strategies

3 Likes

Bula colleagues. This is the first time for me engage in such an informative and interesting course.
ALVEEN

1 Like

Bula Colleagues! I am a clinical academic with the college of medicine, nursing and health sciences at FNU, Fiji. I teach medicine in my specialty area to undergraduate and postgraduate students. I have been a doctor for 20+ years and a clinical teacher for 10years. I am a novice at online teaching and the last two years (thanks to COVID) have been excitingly challenging! Simulating clinical scenarios for online learning and teaching has been most challenging. Leisure activities include reading non-fiction novels, the occasional glass of wine and hanging out with family.

3 Likes

Bula Keshni, I’ve often thought that in addition to healthcare workers, primary school teachers are my heroes for the patience and dedication you have to teach our children face to face. This was felt strongly when I had to supervise my own kids when all schools went online. Thank you again.