CS4ODFL (PAC) - General Forum

Please post any course specific questions and contributions for the Communication skills for open, distance and flexible learning (DS4OERS) micro course by clicking on the reply button below.

1 Like

What are the main communication skills needed by an online facilitator/ tutor for effective learning engagement?

2 Likes

Greetings CS$ODFL. Is there a common time where we (CS4ODFL participants) from different locations are able to meet together? Will be nice to chat in a timely active manner with each other. Just a thought. Happy remote learning.

3 Likes

Hi Bwebwentekaai,

Many thanks for your suggestion and active participation in the course! :clap:

We have participants from multiple time zones with varying degrees of teaching experience, internet connectivity, digital skills, and personal and professional commitments in the course. Therefore, no real-time meeting is currently scheduled (it will be scheduled if needed). However, I strongly encourage those interested in participating in synchronised activities to take up this opportunity as a group challenge to discuss and set up a synchronised activity. Interested #cs4odfl participants can use this discussion thread to organise a real-time event—I would like to see a clear meeting goal, group cohesion, and sound rationalisation for selecting the appropriate technology (refer to Module 2 learning materials). Best!

2 Likes

Hello and bula vinaka to you all. Is there a particular time in a day to attend to this online course?

1 Like

Hello Sir DeepakPrasad. I am finding difficulties in regards to enrolling myself in moodle. Upon clicking on Self enrollment (Student) -
[Enrol me] it responded ;

incorrect enrollment key, please try again.

2 Likes

Hi There @Amitesh i believe that they put an enrolment key? I did the same thing thrice until i noticed that they had provided an enrolment key for us to use. I hope this is useful

1 Like

Hi @Amitesh,

• Enter the Enrolment key: ppodl (all lowercase)

For more information on how to access and use #CS4ODFL Moodle page, please see the following course page: https://pacificopencourses.col.org/cs4odfl/learning-pathways/establish-a-ple/cs4odfl-moodle-site/

2 Likes

Hi
Also need help as at times I have to login.

1 Like

Hi…@2424 you can manage your password for Moodle, CS4ODFL Platform and Mastodon. If saved on your desktop/laptop/tablet, you don’t have to type password all the time

Hi @Esther …main communication skills for an online facilitator is to guide the students and provide feedback and answer questions in the forum or Mastodon in #course CS4ODFL :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

A few communication skills neede by a fascilitator to my knowlege would include:
-open minded
-confidence
-to use clear and concise language
-being a good listener
-stress management
-compassion and empathy
-patience
-repect
-clarity
and most of all,feedbacks should be provided to students so they know where they stand

2 Likes

Okay I agree with you that is well noted

1 Like

Well children have different learning abilities. On a Synchronous setting,we are to ensure that we deliver our lessons and make sure that we are present together with the class.My question is this. How do we handle the children that are below average like we handle them on one on one intervention face to face?

1 Like

You’re loved when you’re born, you’re loved when you die, in between you have to manage**."** Arsene Wenger

Before we were born, we were remoted (inside the womb) when we are born we started to interact (synchronous), as we grow we tend to go back to remote (asynchronous) as noted in #cs4dofl @deepakParasad reacted to #Hi Bwebwentekaai. When we die, we again come together (sychronous, people come together) and when one is buried, we tend to go back remoted. - My opion to the zero interest to my post, is we are more interested to be remoted rather :rofl:than intreactive :rofl:

2 Likes

Hi @bkabuatioer: The course is not over yet - I’m sure your post will get some bites. :muscle:

1 Like

Bula Deepak,
I am finding difficulties in reading :books: materials. Cannot locate the page and no notification yet been given to me.

1 Like

Hi Shobna - Please see the following page for the course instructions: https://pacificopencourses.col.org/cs4odfl/interactions/course-announcements/
Please email me (deepak.v.prasad@gmail.com) your email address, and I will try to fix the notification issue.

2 Likes