BMAN111 Does country context matter when starting a new business?

1.Patrick Bet-David’s mistakes can occur globally and can be made by anyone in the world with a similar mindset or perhaps a lack of good mentoring and encouragement.

2.Yes, People in South Africa tend to make the mistake of starting a business in an area in which they know nothing about, They have no knowledge of the people in the area, what their needs are and whether or not they will be willing to buy whatever product you as the Entrepreneur are selling or perhaps a service your are providing

Other discussion ideas

1. Having done the right research about the area in which the business will be situated and the target market, Yes, An American entrepreneur can run a successful small business in South Africa offering products or rendering services that suit the needs of the public surrounding his/her business

2.Yes, if I were to introduce a product or service that solves a particular problem in that part of America where my business is situated or even if it’s just something they will find intriguing and make them want to do business with me, I could run a successful small business in America

BMAN 111
All the mistakes mentioned by Partick Bet-David would have an impact in starting a business to everyone who wants to become an entrepreneur.

• I identified one of the biggest mistake which people make from Partick Bet-David’s list which is Almost quieting. People are too quick to give up because things do not always go the way they planned, this as results leads to many entrepreneurs failing. It is important for people to understand that in every business they are minor setbacks that a business experiences, but never a reason to give up on a business.

All the mistakes mentioned are crucial to potential entrepreneurs and should be avoided by all means possible.
-Some of the biggest mistakes made especially by the youth of South Africa who are upcoming entrepreneurs are Living the dream to early( people celebrate excessively too early and forget that as an entrepreneur, one should always be ready for possible losses in a business and never be too comfortable and stop working hard each day). Trying to sell to many products as an entrepreneur( one should follow their passion and sell what they are passionate about and put all their focus on that certain product, this as a result grows the business).

YES, an American entrepreneur would be able to run a successful small business in South Africa and as a result grow it into a much bigger business.

YES, l would be able to run a successful business in America because l believe l am determined and determination is one of the biggest key factors when running a business and being goal driven and never being afraid to take new opportunities and risks.

1. Patrick’s mistakes are relevant in South Africa as well. These are common mistakes and pitfalls one should be cautious about when starting a business.

2.Common mistakes to avoid in SA is to know your market place and community. You see so many business start and fall because they cater to the wrong crowd in the wrong location.

Other considerations

1. If an American has done the research and determined that there is indeed a market for his/her product, then he has the opportunity to succeed.

2. The business atmosphere in America is different for that in South Africa. If one were to succeed in the state,extensive market research will have to be done. Your adaptability to the environment and social dynamics will also greatly affect the success of the business

1. No, there are no mistakes in Patrick Bet-David’s “12 mistakes dumbest I made in my first year of being an entrepreneur”. I feel that the mistakes mentioned in the video were quite universal regardless of various country contexts.

2. Starting a business in a location you have not thoroughly researched on. In a country like SA, probably like lots of other countries, the location of the business can sabotage it’s success. The high crime rate in that area may be one factor, or, it could be regulations of that region that may deem the type of your business illegal.

Other considerations

1. If the entrepreneur takes into consideration the mistake mentioned above, he/she should be able to run a successful small business in SA.

2. Yes, with my own tips and Mr. Patick’s, I should be able to.

1. I think selling too many products wont apply as a mistake in our country as I believe that having multiple streams of income is more suitable and beneficial if youre trying to make it big
  2. I believe that thinking that you dont have any direct competitors while starting a new business is a mistake that should have been on the list. It is dangerous thing to think that people dont have similar ideas to you and could therefore backfire in a later stage if you dont put enough effort and innovation into your idea.

OTHER CONSIDERATIONS
No, they lack intimate knowledge of the country, its people and their needs.
No, I too would lack the know how on the country and its people.

#bman111

1. I for one think that selling one product will be a disadvantage in South Africa or in any other country for an entrepreneur, because a person has to try different things to know what will work best for them.

2. Some of the mistake that many might what to avoid is trusting everyone, because in the real world not everyone wants the best for you. Not even successful people want others to succeed.

Other Discussion Ideas

1. I think that an American entrepreneur can run a successful small business and turn into a big business eventually, because the economy in America is advanced and most people are business driven and with that it can be an advantage for an American entrepreneur.

2)Yes, I would be able to run a business in America because the economy in America is advanced and if its a good idea it will be a great success in America.
#bman111